The following modules are covered by this course:
- TISSUE VIABILITY – AN INTRODUCTION
- TISSUE VIABILITY – ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT OF WOUNDS
- TISSUE VIABILITY – DRESSINGS, WOUNDS & PRESSURE RELIEVING EQUIPMENT
- TISSUE VIABILITY – WOUND BED PREPARATION
- TISSUE VIABILITY – WOUND TYPES
- PRESSURE ULCER PREVENTION (COMMUNITY SETTINGS)
- INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
This specialist skills and post registration short course may be of interest to those health professionals who would like to gain or enhance their knowledge of tissue viability and wound management.
The course offers you the opportunity to develop an understanding of a complex body of knowledge in relation to tissue viability and wound management. Evidence of personal responsibility and decision making in complex and unpredictable circumstances will be an expectation.
You will develop skills to critically discuss, critically explore and critically analyse existing and developing theories and concepts that underpin wound healing and tissue viability and will understand the political; local; national and international drivers that can affect resource management.